Let me start off by saying, I am not a marketer, nor do I have a background in it. However, I have noticed a trend that's been catching on in the business world and in Churches.
It's Micro-sites! What is a Micro-site you ask?
Wikipedia defines them as...
... an Internet web design term referring to an individual web page or cluster of pages which are meant to function as an auxiliary supplement to a primary website. The microsite's main landing page most likely has its own URL.Clear as mud, right! Let me explain.
Remember watching this Tide commercial during the Super Bowl...
Notice that it didn't say go to www.tide.com. Instead it said go to mytalkingstain.com.
This is a mirco-site. Here's what I think micro-sites have to offer...
- Curiosity - new people will find your product/ministry interesting.
- New Identity - target a new/different audience giving your ministry a fresh feel.
- Champion a Cause - make a big deal about something for a season.
- Inexpensive - doesn't cost to much to put up a new website.
- Interactive - a chance to make an interactive websites [i.e.- vote, comment, upload photo or videos, giveaways, etc.]